Sunday, March 15, 2015

Francois et Mimi 50oz Glass French Press Review

This is only the 2nd french press I have ever tried. My husband has been wanting a French Press recently and I was chosen to review this Glass French Press made by Francois et Mimi, to see how it worked for me in my own home. The first thing you will probably notice is the size of the press. This one is a 50 ounce container! Huge compared to the rest I have seen. This press came package in a box with no extra filters or any other bells and whistles, and basic instructions printed on the box. I had to watch a youtube video to learn how to brew my coffee using a french press like this. The first thing you need to do is preheat your glass container. After your container is preheated with hot water, you then empty the hot water out of the carafe and measure your course ground coffee. Add just enough water to soak up the grounds, stir, cover with lid and let sit for 30-40 seconds. Then add the remaining hot water needed for your coffee. Replace the lid and filter assembly and let sit an additional 3.5 minutes. After that time press the plunger down to the bottom of the press. You are not ready to pour your first cup of coffee. A couple of things I noticed, and will adjust as I keep making coffee with the french press, is that you need an instant hot water source. Like those found on the water coolers that have the hot spigot, or one that is near a sink. I boiled my water and by the time I was done brewing the coffee in the press it was not quite hot enough for my liking, and add cream to the coffee and it cools it off even more. The quality of the coffee was excellent. I used a high quality bold coffee bean, and a medium/course grind. The taste was smooth and bold. You can also use this press to make tea as well. I will give that a try next. The Coffee press was easy to clean and is also dishwasher safe. I'm very pleased with this unit, it's a high quality French Press, and would make a great gift. #GlassFrenchPress #tomoson #amazonreview Here's the link if you are interested- HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment